What is veterinary malpractice?
Veterinary malpractice is similar to medical malpractice, except that the victims are animals. However, in New York, animals are considered “property” under the law. This means that damages are calculated to equal the “market value” of your pet. “Economic damages” are intended to simply cover the cost of medical care. Attorney Peggy Collen will fight hard to get you what you deserve.
Vet malpractice may include:
- Misdiagnosing an animal’s illness
- Surgical errors
- Prescribing the wrong medicine or course of treatment
- Post-surgical infection and death
Negligence may include:
- Burns from leaving a dog on a heating pad too long
- Neglect of letting a pet escape through a door carelessly left open
- Dehydration or starvation by forgetting to leave enough water or food
Call the law office of Peggy Collen to schedule a consultation.