2015 Jeremy G. Epstein Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, City Bar Justice Center.
Events & Continuing Education Classes
- Presenter – CLE: The NY Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019: Recent Developments, Lawline, April 2020
- Presenter – CLE: Representing Tenants in Holdover Proceedings: Looking for Fatal Defects, Lawline, September 2019.
- Presenter – CLE: Introduction to Litigating Animal-Related Issues in New York Housing, Lawline, December 2017.
- Co-Chair CLE Organizer – The Nuts & Bolts of Litigating Companion Animal Housing Claims, NYC Bar Association, October 19, 2017.
- Panelist – Defense of Housing Claims Relating to Companion Animals, NYC Bar Association, June 2017.
- Presenter – CLE: Introduction to Laws Protecting Animals in Housing, CUNY Law School, March 2017.
Volunteer Attorney Service
Ms. Collen has been a long-time volunteer with the City Bar Justice Center’s Cancer Advocacy & Elderlaw Projects. Through her volunteer work, Ms. Collen has prepared life-planning documents for seniors, cancer patients, and survivors. She has also been invited to speak at community outreach events for the Elderlaw Project.
- New York City Bar Association, Housing Court Committee (former member of the Animal Law Committee)
- New York State Bar Association (former member of the Committee on Animals and the Law)
- Lincoln Towers Resident Faces Eviction For Terminally Ill Dog’s Barking
- New York Times – “Interview Prep for Dogs”
- 11:00 News – abc7 Eyewitness News – Service Dog
- HPD Press Release – Manhattan Building Owner Jailed – Prosecuted by Peggy Collen of HPD’s Housing Litigation Division
- NY Post – Cat Murdered by Vet, Peggy Collen represents the owner of the deceased cat